Monday, June 19, 2017

Why I Hike?

Pinoy Solo Hiker

At some point in your life you will get bored of your usual self, when that day comes step out of your comfort zone; and live your life from a different perspective. Travel and explore the world around you, go places that you've never been to. Meet new people, learn new things and culture, try new food and get lost to find your inner self. There are so many things you can learn from traveling compare to just reading textbooks.

Ever since I started blogging, friends and colleagues alike always asked me with this simple question "Why do you hike?" For me, hiking is not just taking great pictures and appreciating nature at it's finest, it is my way of relaxing whenever I feel exhausted and tired of my routinary life. Hiking and traveling in general is my self discovery, passion and inner peace which made me discover my love for writing. Traveling let's you see how little you are in this vast world yet still significant in God's magnificent creation.

Do the things that you loved the most while you are still young. Money and riches can be earned but free time, strength and opportunities to go places while we are young cannot be the same as when you age. Time flies easily, 30 years from now we may have all the free time in the world to do everything we want, to go places we've never been yet we may not have the same strength and vigor we once had during our younger years. We can just look back and wished we've done what we should have done.

5 comments:

  1. So true, 25 years from now Rheumatism will be a great issue and I may no longer hike longer and steep trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immersing oneself in nature is definitely an effective way to relax. It's why I love hiking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand. I was not attracted to hiking earlier. But now I feel like trying some. Will start with easiest possible trails though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly agree, nothing is much better than to commune with nature.

    ReplyDelete